Sabado, Hunyo 18, 2011

Prologue

Ahhhh... My home base. Walked a few steps, then saw my good old computer. He looks more like a mainframe. You know giant screen and stuff. Fast speeds, but I've got no internet at all. Crazy thing about this is that I'm now commanding a bunch people I took at random. I mean, really random. I should check their progress, but then again I should sit down and relax.

Felt my butt on the chair. After my speech...Well, I'm bored, so I look up. the light is getting dimmer and dimmer. Maybe it's because I'm in some giant thing floating in space. I dunno, I just slouched in my seat. Kinda weird... The chair feels like the one in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Although...that movie was a rip-off. I lived in the year 2001 and they didn't look the ones in the movies. Someone should've written disclaimer saying "What happens in the movie is purely fictional, because 2001 was ten years ago" At least Wall-E, what I think is a rip-off of that movie, says we were centuries away. At least it was more plausible.

So I decided to speak up, but then I feel kinda sleepy. Suddenly, I heard something.

[Neil, you there already.]

GUY just wants to piss me off or something, but I can't blame him. He was programmed to be like that,

"What is it" I said.

[Shouldn't you be attending to your duties]

"Yeah right. The universe explode if I didn't do my right?"

[Our hero, ladies and gentlemen.]

"I don't care. Next time you should tell me that you were programmed for sarcasm. Give me something interesting to talk about then I'll think about it."

[Why did you name me GUY]

"I don't know maybe I just saw GUI and decided that I'd name a computer GUY if it talks to me."

[That was pretty direct.]

"Alright, I'm gonna check the logs."

[Which one? How about the one from the planet-

"No, my speech. You know, the one I did from this morning."

[Wow. They will really look up to you. They have such a selfless leader(sarcasm)]

"On second thought, maybe you shouldn't do the sarcasm part. Go get me some popcorn."

[I have no arms]

"Fine. Just roll the clip"

I saw GUY's screen light up. Then a figure was standing in the center. He was of normal height. His skin was quite fair. He was wearing a red T-shirt, jeans and some worn out rubber shoes. Around him were a bunch of guys wearing a uniform I made. I hope they don't realize that they can't take me seriously wearing that. Oh well the uniform was some color close to I don't know...something. I'm not some sissy girl thats picky with this stuff. The uniform makes them look like a bunch of Sentai rejects. I have no idea how I wasn't able to laugh during my speech, but I can't blame them. I forced them to wear those...things. Oh well, I'm about to start my speech.

"I know you are all wondering why you are here. I was gonna tell all of you how special, privileged and all that, but I decided to tell all of you the truth. I picked you at random."

[How motivating]

"Shhh."

"Anyways, I know how it feels to be taken away from home. I know how it feels to not be the people you love and I don't know how it feels to wear something utterly retarded, but let's forget the latter.

What I am trying to say is... you know what I give up.. I'll just tell you guys what you need to know what you need to do and you're stuck here for the rest of your lives. You can't do anything else, so do what I tell you. You're protecting the universe anyway."

[Well the end justifies the means... I guess]

"So now I'll tell you what you need to do and when to do it. You will all take shifts. Think of it like your job only no pay, no privilege, no acknowledgment, no majority of normal stuff. The only thing you do need to know is that you will live in crappy dorms and eat crappy food. You must give me credit. Me and me alone. Oh! By the way, I get all the good food and a good bed. If you see good food in your plates remember to give it to me.

Now I know that you are ready to kill me now and it is plausible, but I am merely protecting you. I am preventing you from having extreme doses of pride. I am merely sacrificing myself. I am suffering by eating the best food in the base. Sleeping in the most comfortable bed. Taking all the credit for the sake of your humility. For you to love your work no matter what happens.

Oh yeah! I just remembered that you will give credit to the Founder, me, for all your works.

Now before I get sidetracked...again.I will tell you about your work. You shall chronicle the events that happen in each planet that has an organism. You shall thoroughly use it. For the purpose of clarity, you shall make references like Chuck Norris, Fu Manchu and Reb Brown.

Now that you are all oriented... get back to work now."

"Wasn't that inspiring."

[Founder, why didn't you just use a camera to record the events. You know the ones on the probes you are using to stream the videos live and force them to watch and describe.]

"I don't know. Wouldn't it be much more fun when there are debates about what exactly happen"

[I don't know how you got here, but I think you are making them describe things that may easily be misinterpreted. What if they think gods exist? What if the don't know about gravity? What if there was an accident that had happened and the probe doesn't have the correct angle? What if...

"Just shut up already. I'm the boss and I make them do stuff. Besides I wanna see their Vlogs and how they fail and stuff."

[So you use technology and poke fun at them. Telling them that they are making a difference when in fact you are using them as a source of entertainment.]

"Bingo!"

[The past is past. After all, it's not like there will be an explosion that will destroy the universe.]

"I have the genius inside me and I say we are safe, so go develop new technology and stuff. I'll check their Vlogs next time. Right now I need sleep. I deserve it since I'm now the defender of the universe."

I leaned back and waited for myself to stop thinking. Waiting for myself to sleep. I just can't sleep knowing the things I should be doing. Knowing that history is being made right now. Thousands of events occurring. Lots of stuff blowing up. On second thought I'm gonna check out their Vlogs and watch the wars.

"GUY, I change my mind. Show me a video of war."

[You got it]

~As the war as about to begin the two tribes sharpened their weapons. The tribe that is lead by a guy who looks like Fu Manchu is about to strike the tribe who is lead by-

"What the heck was that!"

[You did make them chronicle the events by telling a story right?]

" Wait. So no fight scenes? No grueling tortures? Noooooooo!!!"

[Well you did specifically tell them to chronicle the events.]

Well, I should've thought ahead, but oh well an audiobook of war is better than nothing.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento