Huwebes, Setyembre 8, 2011

Channel Ratings Are Top News Apparently

When I checked Google News for the Philippines, one of the top news was that GMA had the highest ratings. This wasn't the news that was somewhere you can't see. This was on the Top News. It was the SECOND item.

It just makes you want to scratch your head and ask. "There are thousands of murders happening, yet why the fuck is that top news?"

Come up with your own conspiracy theories or whatnot, but I have my own. What's happening is simple and I will share with you some tidbits of my childhood(Okay, just lost 90% of readers) to prove my point.

Simply put it, I had no life. I mostly watched TV when I'm not eating, sleeping, and studying. Every single ad was tailored to annoy you to death, but the biggest TV networks made sure that 75% of what you watch are ads. Most people did not have much of a choice. Most people had nothing to do, but watch about pointless things like celebrities lives. In fact, TV networks make people make a fool of themselves on national television. They made sure that every other show let people do this. Money isn't enough. People have dignity, but what if there were subtle messages to make people lose some if it.

There you have it people. They want you to lose any dignity you had. All those prejudice stories were made, because they know you were dumb enough to watch it. They try to channel your inner emo(couple with the fact that ads were made to depress you).

In the end, I will skip the explanation and get to the point. The networks made sure that there was enough influence to make some things happen. These things are as follows:

  1. Make people depressed for prejudice stories(Not all are bad, but I hate them)
  2. Make people insecure like missing out on something or telling you how horrible your life is.
  3. Taint your perspective
  4. Make sure that you are dumb enough to watch a reality show(which is anything but reality)
  5. Make sure that celebrities look interesting that you care so much about their life. That way, they just get an interview and people wait just to see that.
  6. Make sure that they have influence over the people. Why advertise if you can't maniulate them a bit?

That's just my theory. I might be wrong, but I'm convinced about that. What's yours? Do you actually care about who has the highest ratings?

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento