Sabado, Abril 30, 2011

No One Is Unbiased

I get agitated every time I see something that claims to be unbiased.

It really does. You could claim you don't favor one side, but we know how that goes.

You could say you are open to some ideas, but then you make exceptions for some things that are considered amoral. Which means you still have a bias. See.

"Fine, but how do you explain the neutral views of people?"

Nice try. I consider myself a realist and I'm willing to admit it is still relative and subjected to bias. I could claim that this is the real world and not some idealist dream. The thing is even I can't say the world works exactly like that.

Right and wrong are relative.

Even in this speech, you could see that there are three types of realists according to this person. There is still some amount of bias, but the point is to get close.

Science just bases things from factual stuff, but some researches are subjected to bias. Science maybe the closest thing we have to something exact, but we can't say it is exact.

It may seem that I'm avoiding the question, but I will give you a direct answer. Those views that are unbiased are just (nearly)universally accepted. It is something that no one would complain about.

If it somehow sounds familiar then you must be familiar with the difference between good and great work.

Good work appeals to everybody. It just seems okay, but  it is still decent enough.

Great work isn't for everybody, but it is amazing to people who understand it.

Now you could see that these neutral views are accepted that no one would complain.

Sometimes, you want to listen to views that agree to yours. Its okay. I am willing to seem really biased if it means avoiding these universal views.

"You nuts?! You expect everyone to listen to their own views and not understand the other side?! You are a sick creature."

Kinda, but not quite.

I believe(just like every other person) that each person is unique. That means someone else has similar views, but not the exact thing.

There is still this gap that disagrees with the other person. This is the great thing. No matter what these like minded people will still end up in disagreements, but they will understand the other's views.

My views gradually changed, because I check some blogs that have a similar mindset, but there is something that think differently from me.

(Do not kill me after reading this paragraph) I liked Batman and Robin.*RUNS AWAY* Of course that has actually changed.When you are hearing a different person's views who is similar to yours, then you somehow listen and don't roll your eyes the moment you hear it.

Somehow I have gone to Seth's blog, because of Kamen Rider. They seem unrelated, but  it is really gradual that you have no idea you highly disagreed with these guys before.

"So how do you propose on letting someone be unbiased...in a way?"

Tell them everyone's views, but make it gradual. You have to take it easy and make it slow. Start with a view that agrees with yours, then slowly move away.You go from a view similar to yours then to another view that is similar to the other view and then you get the idea.

You'll be surprised how far I got. I had never expected ending up on Signals Vs. Noise, but my starting point was Kamen Rider.

The paradox is by reading or watching things that agree with you views, you somehow end up agreeing with what you used to disagree.

Bonus:

"What was the point of this?"

My next post will be about how I visualize reviews in Web 3.0.

People have been saying that Web 3.0 will be personal and somehow bias will make it a lot mor personal.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento